Degenerative Joint Dis-ease aka “DJD” are arthritic conditions which accelerate aging of the joint.
- DJD arises when a joint is under stress over a long period of time.
- As the joint is loaded or stressed due to lack of proper movement, bone spurs start to grow in the space which occupies it.
- If under stress over time, the space between the joint becomes less and less, causing in the joint to fuse with the one which it’s connected to.
- If left untreated complications in the muscles, tendons and nerves of the joints can arise.
- My specialty is to maintain or increase mobility between the joints of the spine and body using “High Velocity, Low Amplitude” (HVLA) Adjustments to prevent further degeneration and promote healthy joints.